Information Technology Services (ITS)
Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for providing the College’s administrative computing, infrastructure, campus services and technology experience. The staff is friendly, highly skilled and service-oriented.
|Location||Lilly Library lower level|
The Earlham College Help Desk, located in the basement of Lilly Library, is responsible for all Earlham-owned computers and peripherals. The Help Desk is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. during the school year with reduced hours during summer and vacations.
The Help Desk strives to assist current students with a variety of free technology-related services, including work on personal computers. The Help Desk aims to help students as much as possible, however, some services are unsupported. Below is a non-exhaustive list of services the Help Desk supports and does not support.
- Virus removal
- Diagnose and repair connection issues
- Answer general technical questions
- General troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Assist with driver updates
- Hardware replacement
- Operating system reinstalls/reformats
- Hardware tasks that require opening the case of the computer
- Warranty repair/service arrangement
- Extensive data recovery
Supports the College by providing day-to-day support of the administrative software tools used across campus.
Responsible for planning and managing the College servers and network — wired, wireless and telephone. They also support classroom technologies.
Provides support for the College’s PC and Mac devices as well as support for learning spaces, information literacy, technology and digital humanities.
A wide variety of computing equipment enables Earlham students to incorporate technological skills into their liberal arts education:
- Both Mac and Windows-based computers are fully supported and used in offices, labs, and classrooms.
- Technology Experience directly manages six public computing labs as well as Mac and PC mobile carts. The lab located in LBC, is open 24/7 during the school year, providing 30 PCs and six iMacs.
- There are also discipline-specific labs available to students as needed.
Gigabit Ethernet switches are located in each building with high-speed fiber optic cables between buildings operating up to 10 GB. All direct network connections in buildings, including the residential halls, are currently running at 1 GB.
Wireless service is available in all of the academic buildings, residence halls, College-owned houses, The Heart, and green spaces bordering campus buildings. This provides students with the opportunity to pursue their research, stay in touch with family or just browse the Web in a variety of locations and settings on campus.
Earlham based servers provide a variety of service to students, faculty, and staff such as Earlham’s portal The Heart, web-based email, a course management system, network storage, mailing lists, and access to the library’s electronic resources.