The Earlham Department of Public Safety is responsible for maintaining the College vehicle fleet. The College fleet is used solely for College-related activities and may not be used for personal trips. A faculty member must accompany students on trips to destinations more than 100 miles away from campus.
Contact the Department of Public Safety at (765) 983-1400.
In an effort to reduce carbon emissions and promote sustainability the Department of Public Safety has established the following rules and guidelines for the Earlham fleet of vehicles:
- The college does not own 15 passenger vans for fleet use and does not allow their use via off campus rental.
- The campus fleet consists of three 7-passenger minivans and three 12-passenger full size vans.
- Any reservation for more than seven people will be assigned a full size, 12 passenger van or two minivans.
- Every effort will be made by the fleet manager to coordinate vehicles to best match the size of the group being transported using the philosophy that smaller vehicles are the preference for all travel.
- Charges for fleet vehicles are determined by the miles driven and the vehicle used. Mini vans are .66 per mile and the 12 passenger (including driver) vans are .85 per mile. Fuel is not charged to the user and a fuel card is provided for fill ups prior to returning the vehicle. Fuel fill ups are the responsibility of the user.
- If it is more economical to do so, the Public Safety fleet manager may require requesters to rent vehicles through Enterprise. This is most likely to happen with high mileage trips of relatively short duration.
- Plan ahead - many of the fleet vehicles are often reserved weeks or months ahead. If a request is submitted and the van or car that you want is not available due to previous reservations it will be suggested to contact Enterprise for rental options.