Visit our secure online giving page and pay by ACH (echeck) or with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card.
Send us a check
Make your check payable to "Earlham College" and mail it to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374
Call us with your credit card
Contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 765-983-1313 to make your gift by credit card.
For more information about
Advancement Services Coordinator
Make a gift of stock
Gifts of stock are a wonderful way to support Earlham and provide you with both income and capital gains tax deductions.
To make a gift of stock, please follow the instructions on our Stocks and Securities web page.
For tax purposes, the tax ID for Earlham and Earlham School of Religion is: 35-0868073.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70 ½ years of age or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can make an immediate impact at Earlham through an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift. An IRA Charitable Rollover Gift allows you to make a gift to the College, satisfy part or all of your annual required minimum distribution from your IRA, and exclude part or all of that distribution from your taxable gross income, thereby reducing your tax liability.
- FOR YOUR GIFT TO QUALIFY: You must be 70 ½ years of age or older at the time of your gift. The transfer must be made from your IRA directly to Earlham. Your total annual IRA Charitable Rollover gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000 in the calendar year of the gift. Your gift must be made to Earlham by December 31 in the year you decide to make the gift. Your gift must be outright. Gifts from your IRA to donor-advised funds or life-income vehicles such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts do not qualify as IRA Charitable Rollover gifts
- AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT MAY BENEFIT YOU: As an easy and convenient way to make a tax-free gift from one of your major financial assets. You may also consider renewing or increasing your annual gift with your IRA Charitable Rollover; As an exclusion from your gross income; and By counting toward your required minimum distribution.
Making Your Gift is Easy
Before December 31 of this year:
- Download and complete this fillable form.
- Contact your IRA custodian.
- Ask that your distribution be a charitable rollover to Earlham College.
- Ask them to include the following in the transfer:* Your name Your address
Make Earlham a Beneficiary of Your IRA
You may also consider making a charitable bequest of part or all of your retirement account to Earlham. A retirement account bequest is one of the most tax-efficient ways to fund a charitable gift from your estate. By making the College the beneficiary of your retirement account, you may reduce or eliminate federal estate and income taxes related to your retirement account at your passing. When the owner of a retirement account passes away and leaves the retirement account to family members, estate and income taxes on the retirement account may total 60% or more of the retirement account assets. You receive a charitable estate tax deduction upon your death when you designate your retirement account to Earlham. In addition, your estate and your heirs will not report any taxable income related to the retirement account distributed to the College upon your death. Earlham is not subject to either estate or income taxes, and the entire amount the College receives can be applied to an area of impact that you designate during your life.
For more information, visit the Planned Giving website.
Planned gifts are among the most meaningful to make and to receive. Not only do they provide important support for education programs, but they can also offer considerable tax advantages to you and can be surprisingly easy to set up.
Planned giving options include:
- wills and living trusts
- beneficiary designations
- charitable gift annuities
- charitable remainder trusts
Use the Planned Giving web site to learn more and find the right gift for you.
Earlham welcomes gifts made in memory or honor of alumni, friends, or other individuals.
To make an Honorary or Memorial gift by check, please make it payable to "Earlham College" and mail to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Or contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 765-983-1313 to make your gift by credit card or use our online form.
When making a gift, please note the individual who is being honored or memorialized with the gift. If you would like us to notify the individual or a family member than an honorary or memorial gift was made, please include their name and address.