Grants and Sponsored Research
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Foundation Relations supports faculty and the institution in obtaining grant support for research, scholarly, creative and programmatic activities. It also assists with aspects of post-award administration, stewards foundation relations and coordinates compliance oversight relating to sponsored research.
Assistance is available for:
- Locating funding opportunities, including for sabbatical support
- Navigating internal approvals of submissions
- Workshopping proposal ideas
- Reviewing submission guidelines from funders
- Editing of grant pre-proposals, proposals and reports
- Developing project budgets
- Preparing submissions in accordance with sponsor guidelines
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external policies
All grant proposals and pre-proposals requiring a commitment from Earlham must be reviewed and approved before submission to the funder. Examples of College commitment include a signature by an authorized organizational representative or other official, administration of funds by the College, commitment of time and effort of any employee or student, equipment (including computers) or space, development of a course, College matching funds or in-kind contributions and other conditions.
Please see the following institutional policy for details on who is eligible to submit grants and the requisite review and approval procedures: Signature and Submission Authority.
Compliance Policies and Forms
Institutional policies related to compliance with federal terms and conditions regarding grants are available here.