Billing and payments
Earlham bills students roughly one month prior to the start of each semester for that semester’s tuition, room, board and fees, less anticipated financial aid. Payment in full of the amount due must be made, or an acceptable payment arrangement must be in place, before the semester begins.
Earlham has partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to create an online Student Account Center through which students can view or print semester bills, review account activity and make payments on their accounts. Students must register for access to the Student Account Center by responding to an email they receive from [email protected] or by calling TMS at 800-307-6551. After students register for online access, they may invite their parents or others who will pay their bills to have online access as well. Due to federal student privacy regulations (FERPA), parents may only access the Student Account Center if they are granted this access by the student.
Emails are sent each semester to all students and family members who are registered with the Student Account Center when bills are ready to view. Emails are also sent periodically with reminders to check the on-line Student Account Center for current information about student accounts.
Students have several options for paying their semester bills:
- Payment in full before the semester begins
- Make a payment through the Student Account Center, or visit earlham.afford.com and make a one-time payment. Use your bank account at no charge or your credit card for an additional fee.
- Request a distribution from your 529 Plan.
- Apply for a private loan through a bank, credit union or other lender.
- Mail a check payable to:
ATTN: Office of Accounting
801 National Rd West
Richmond, IN, 47374.
- For bank wire transfer instructions, email us at [email protected].
- TMS Monthly Payment Plan: A 4- or 5-month payment option is offered to cover semester charges. TMS charges a $35 enrollment fee, but Earlham’s monthly 1 percent service charge is waived. Monthly payments can automatically be withdrawn from your bank account at no additional cost. Sign up through the Student Account Center or visit earlham.afford.com.
- Deferred Plan: Pay one-half the amount due before the semester begins and pay the remaining balance in three equal installments, due monthly during the semester. A 1 percent service charge on the outstanding balance will be added to the account each month-end. To sign up for this plan, email us at [email protected].
Students who fail to select and communicate to the Office of Accounting an acceptable payment arrangement before the start of each semester will be charged a $50 fine and will be prevented from confirming their registration for classes that semester.
Additional charges such as health service fees, library or traffic fines, or other charges may be added to a student’s account during the semester. Accounts with an outstanding balance will be charged a 1% service fee at the end of every month. If a payment is returned by a bank due to insufficient funds, Earlham will charge a fee.
Transcripts are released only for those students whose accounts are in good standing. Diplomas and transcripts for graduating seniors will be held until all financial obligations have been met.
See the Statement of Student Financial Responsibility for further information.