Preparing to Come to Earlham
- If you have not already done so, confirm your intent to attend Earlham College
- Provide any requested items to your International Student Adviser (specific requests will be sent by email)
- Receive your Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
- Apply for your F-1 student visa
- Complete other required arrival information (specific requests will be sent by email)
- Come to Earlham, start classes, and meet wonderful people from around the world!
All students traveling from outside of the United States should plan to arrive at the Dayton International Airport on Friday, August 17, 2018 in preparation for Earlham's New Student Orientation (NSO). Please be sure to inform us of your flight information prior to departing for Earlham so that we can be prepared for your arrival. Please send any changes to your arrival information to NSO@earlham.edu.
Students arriving prior to Friday, August 17 may need to arrange their own transportation, housing and meals until that date. We ask that you avoid arriving early unless it is absolutely necessary.
Obtain a Visa
An F-1 student visa or J-1 exchange visitor visa is necessary to enter the United States to study at Earlham College. Visa applicants usually apply in person in their country of permanent residence.
Please pay very close attention to the information that you receive from the Accounting Office. All payment arrangements must be approved prior to your arrival on campus.
What to Bring
In order to adequately prepare you for life in Richmond, Indiana, we offer a list of suggested items you may want to bring with you or plan to purchase while here.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation, from August 18 to August 22 will include meeting with your adviser, learning about Earlham's curriculum, social events, shopping trips, free time, and more.