Reopening during COVID-19
We are happy to have you back! As we gradually reopen our building, you will notice several changes in operations based on recommendations from the State of Indiana, Wayne County Health officials, the Earlham Crisis Management Team and Campus Health partners. Click here to download a PDF of our reopening guidelines.
Remember, we will all be required to work together to maintain a safe recreation environment. We look forward to seeing you back in the Wellness Center.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Upon first visit, each visitor will be required to complete a Membership Form and provide proof of vaccination status. Earlham College is requiring for all members of the community who utilize the Athletics & Wellness Center and all associated programs and services to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- The facility and equipment will be continuously cleaned while open, as well as after closing, concentrating on frequently touched areas.
- All Wellness Center employees will wear non-medical, cloth masks while working and gloves when appropriate.
- There is no equipment checkout.
- Keep your distance. All patrons are required to observe social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet between one another and wear a face mask or covering when entering the AWC and during the check-in process. Once patrons have checked in at the Welcome Desk, face masks or covering is dependent upon the type of activity and facilities used within the AWC. While using the facility, please maintain proper distancing of 6 feet. Avoid personal contact, including handshaking.
- Bring a water bottle with you. The drinking fountains and vending are unavailable. Bottle fillers are open, but we ask patrons to only use them when necessary. They will be cleaned hourly.
- Minimize time spent in locker rooms. Locker rooms will be accessible for use of restrooms, showers, changing areas and lockers. As able, patrons should arrive dressed for an activity to minimize time spent in locker rooms. Only lockers that are designated for use may be utilized or rented. Social distancing must be maintained while in locker rooms. Locker room occupancy will be limited to 15 patrons.
- Clean your hands. There are several hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility. Please use them often.
- Keep track of the equipment that you touch. Wipe down the equipment with provided sanitizer before and after use. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility. Patrons and staff should ensure all exercise machines or equipment are sanitized after each use.
- No congregating. Please work out and exit the building when finished. Individual training sessions and workouts requiring a partner should maintain 6 foot distancing between persons at this time.
- Be cognizant of max capacities.
- Energy Center max capacity will be limited to 25 patrons.
- Indoor track max capacity will be limited to 15 patrons.
- Group fitness classes will be limited to a maximum of 15 per class during phase II of the Earlham campus reopening. Equipment will be available. All classes will be first come, first serve.
- Weber Pool will be limited to 12 patrons, 2 swimmers per lane. Water fitness classes will be limited to 15 patrons per class. Equipment will be available. All classes and lap swim will be first come, first serve. Patrons should wear a face mask into the pool and while on deck.
- Avoid prolonged use of machines or equipment. When finished, stand up immediately and clean equipment for others to use. Many machines will be out of order to maintain social distancing.
We are fully reopen; however, please note the following capacity limits:
- Energy center with limited cardio and strength equipment, including free weights. Know that some machines are closed or moved for spacing requirements.
- Locker rooms are open, but we strongly recommend patrons arrive dressed. Six-foot distancing will be maintained at all times in the locker rooms.
- The Concourse lobby is open, but there is no seating or congregating. Please work out and exit the building as quickly as possible.
- The Racquetball court, Trueblood Fieldhouse, Group Fitness Studio, Weber Pool and Climbing Wall are open.
- Trainers will wear non-medical, cloth masks and maintain physical distancing during sessions.
- Clients will be encouraged to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Trainers will assist patrons by wiping down all surfaces touched during the session.
Group fitness classes will be limited to a maximum of 15 per class during phase II of the Earlham campus reopening. Equipment will be available. All classes will be first come, first serve.
Current offerings can be found on our group fitness page.
Stay home! People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms.
Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.