Healthy Holiday Challenge
The New Year is often a time that we deliberate on the changes we want or need to make in our lives. Every year, more than one-third of Americans resolve to better themselves in some way, yet fewer than 10 percent actually achieve success in their resolutions. Whether your goal is to lose weight or be healthier, Earlham College Wellness Programs has the challenge for you! Sign up for the Healthy Holiday Challenge and make the year your best year yet!
The Healthy Holiday Challenge Program, which will take place during an eight-week period, is designed to empower Earlham students, staff, and alumni with information that will help them to make healthy lifestyle choices and ensure success in their wellness
During registration you will be asked to choose a program track. Options include:
- Weight Management — this track is geared toward individuals interested in losing or monitoring their weight. Upon registration you will be asked to report a starting weight. Those who report their weight during at least six of the eight weeks regardless of weight loss will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
- Optimal Wellness — this track is geared toward those who want to improve their health and wellness habits. Every week participants will receive a checklist of healthy lifestyle adjustments to make (or maintain). To be eligible for prizes, participants must report that they successfully completed all checklist items during at least six of the eight weeks.
- Both — Earlham Wellness Programs supports a synergistic approach to making healthy lifestyle changes. By being conscious of your weight and lifestyle choices, as well as being empowered with helpful information, you will have the greatest chance of success in your health and wellness goals. Plus, you double your odds of winning some great prizes!
Once registered, you will receive a welcome email containing more program details.
Please note that all personal information is kept confidential and never shared.
To be eligible for prizes in either track, participants must successfully report during at least six of the eight weeks.
- For Weight Management, you only have to report your weight.
- For Optimal Wellness, you have to report that you successfully completed all healthy checklist items.
- Participants must keep track of their chosen program track, then submit the weekly log form on through a BOX submission folder on the program website.
- Participation in Earlham College AWC activities, including the use of facilities and equipment, is completely voluntary. There are risks and hazards, minor and serious, associated with participation in fitness activities. Participants voluntarily assume all responsibility and risk of loss, damage, illness, and/or injury to person or property associated with the participation in the Healthy Holiday Challenge.
- Participants are advised to check with a medical professional before starting any exercise program.
- Participants are encouraged to dress appropriately and drink water before, during, and after exercise.
Submit Your Results
Step 1 – Download your file(s)
Step 2 – Record & submit your progress weekly
Submit your work by uploading your file(s) to Box below: