As you prepare to register for courses, please review and complete the Course Registration Adviser Contact Preference Form. On this form you will be asked your preferences on how you would like to communicate with your Summer Registration Adviser who will answer any questions you have as you complete your fall registration and will provide your Alternate (registration) PIN to complete the registration process. You will soon receive information about the name of your summer registration adviser in an email.
Fall course registration will be open from July 17 at 9:00 a.m. to July 28 at 5:00 p.m. First-year students have been assigned an Earlham Seminar based on information shared on your seminar preference form when provided. Please note that all Earlham Seminars are scheduled to meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00 a.m., and some have an additional lab time on Fridays from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will build the remainder of your schedule around your Earlham Seminar. Academic Advisers have been assigned according to your interests and Seminar group. We are no longer able to make changes to these selections going forward.
As you prepare to complete registration for the Fall Semester, consider the following:
- Have I selected a course that is reflective of my academic interest and strength?
- Have I selected a course that will introduce me to a new area of learning?
- Have I selected a course that will complete a general education area?
- Have I selected a course that will be both challenging and engaging?
If you have answered “yes” to most of these questions, you have started the path of “Building an Academic Career at Earlham College.”
Using the Course Planning Tool
You will need to build a registration plan in the Course Planning Tool. After your consultation with your Registration Adviser, you will be provided with your Alternate Pin number which will allow you to complete the registration process. When you log into Self-Service, the Course Planning Tool is found above the middle column of the "Student" tab. This tool is for the Fall Semester. It is intended to provide a plan of your interests for as you consult with your Registration Adviser prior to formal registration. Directions for using the tool are located at the top of the page in Self-Service when you select "Course Planning Tool."
Please note that theHeart (portal) will be offline for an upgrade beginning at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern), on Friday, July 8, and will be back online on Monday, July 11 with a new look!
Information Needed to Register in Self-Service after your consultation with your Registration Adviser
- Enter Self-Service and Select Student Tab
- Select Student Registration SSB located in the Registration Quick Links
- Select Register for Classes
- Select Term: "EC Fall Semester 2017-18" from the pull down menu
- Enter Alternate PIN
- Click Continue
- If you are searching for a course, click in the subject box and a list of Departments and Programs will appear. If you wish to view the course description or pre-requisite, click on the course title and then select the link you are inquiring about.
- Select Add after each preferred class.
- If you change your plan or want to drop a class, look under the Action Item column and click on the pull down menu and choose Drop then click Submit. The course is now dropped.
- If you want to change your registration you may do so until the close of the Registration period.
- If Full appears under the status column, the course is closed. Please select another option.
- If the course has an enrollment limit, view any notes about "attending the first day" under the course description or click on the title to determine capacity and availability.
- After you have completed your registration, go to the left and select Schedule Details to review your course selections.
- Questions? Contact your Registration Adviser or the Registrar Office at email@example.com
Please Review Enrollment Policies