All college housing, including residence halls, houses, and apartments, will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesaday, November 24, 2020. All residents are expected to depart for semester break by this time. Students not returning for the Spring 2021 semester must be completely checked out of their assignment by this time.
Card access will be deactivated during this time for all residents during break.
College housing for returning students will re-open for the spring semester at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 30, 2021.
Check out the information below about how to register to stay, resources available on-campus while you're here, and more. We also have specific information about break shuttles and preparing your room for students who are planning to travel away from campus during break.
Information for Students Leaving Campus
Students currently living on-campus who plan to also live on-campus in the spring should prepare their room by:
- Turn their room temperature to a low of 63 degrees and shut off the heater fan (if possible). Learn more about heating for your specific room.
- Unplug all non-essential electronics and appliances: televisions, microwaves, computers, etc.
- Go through their refrigerator (and the common floor fridge) and remove all perishable items. Unplug and defrost their personal refrigerator, and leave the door open with a towel placed at its base.
- Be sure their door and windows are closed and locked. Make sure curtains and/or blinds are closed.
- Make arrangements for any fish and/or Assistance Animals in their possession. Assistance Animals are not permitted to be left in college housing without their owner. Students with Assistance Animals who are not able to travel with them should make accommodations for the animal off-campus.
- Put in work orders for any known maintenance issues.
- Take out all of their room trash.
- Lock their door and turn in their room key to Residence Life staff.
Information for Students Staying On-Campus