Average Room Dimensions:
- Window: 4.5' x 5'
- Room: 10.5' x 18' with 6' used as closets. There are also built-in desks.
- Ceiling: 8'
Click for a diagram of each floor of the residence hall:
The College supplies the following items for each student:
- 1 extra long twin-sized bed
- 1 desk with chair
- 1 dresser
- 1 towel rack or hook
- 1 bookcase per room
- 1 mirror per room
- Two in all, conveniently located on the Basement and 2nd floors. Each kitchen is equipped with microwaves, full-size refrigerators, stoves, sinks, counter-space, and some individual storage units.
- Located on the Garden level, with washers and dryers.
- Limited storage space is available for students over the summer free of charge. Please refer to Earlham College's Storage Policy for further instruction.
Television and Cable:
- The residence hall is equipped with a TV lounge in the basement.
- Ethernet (network) data jack and access to the building’s WiFi connection provided in each room. One standard cat-5 compatible Ethernet jack for 100 Mbps connection to campus network and internet is available in each room, students may utilize a standard splitter or network hub if additional ports are needed.
- Located on the 1st floor. Drink and snack machines are both available.
Safety and Fire Information
Each residence hall is equipped with an electronic fire alarm system consisting of strobe and horn fixtures, fire alarm pull stations, and smoke detectors in all resident room and common areas and thermal (heat) detectors in the kitchens. Fire extinguishers are located throughout the residence hall. Fire escape plans are located on the back of each resident's door.
Instructions for properly heating/cooling your room safely are provided by the College.
All residence halls have a card access system. Students, teaching and administrative faculty with an encoded ID are afforded access. Campus phones outside each building provide access to residents or to Campus Safety & Security in case of an emergency.
Phone: (765) 983-1244