Earlham College provides, as space permits, storage space to its students while they are away during the summer months or on an Earlham College-approved off-campus program. Students who are participating in a non-Earlham College off-campus program, graduating, or taking a leave of absence may not utilize campus storage. Qualifying students can drop off items into storage two weeks before the start of their break and should collect items from storage two weeks after their return from break or by the date specified upon drop-off.
Items dropped off must meet the following guidelines:
- Packaged in sturdy, sealed boxes or similar containers (i.e. plastic bins, luggage).
- Each box/container can be no larger than 18 in. x 18 in. x 24 in. (7,776 cubic inches) or equivalent dimensions.
- Each student is only allowed to store six (6) containers in storage at any given time.
There are several items not permitted in storage:
- Flammable substances (lighters/lighter fluid, gasoline).
- Unboxed/unsealed items (i.e. bicycles, furniture, rugs, duffel bags).
- Refrigerators (boxed or unboxed).
- Illegal items (drugs, paraphernalia).
- Request Your Tags and Forms. Students should submit an online request for storage tags and forms using the Storage Request Form. Storage tag requests are processed once daily, and students are notified via email by a member of the Residence Life team once their request has been processed. Requests are typically processed within one business day after they have been submitted.
- Collect Your Tags and Forms. Students should visit the Office of Residence Life in Earlham Hall and pick up their storage ID tags and forms. Students are provided with six tags they can attach to their storage items and individual forms for each tag that must be submitted when the storage item is dropped off. Students who do not have tags will not be able to store their items on-campus.
- Pack Your Storage Items. Students can pack up to six items for storage on-campus. These items must meet the guidelines below and must be stored in boxes, plastic bins/tubs, and/or suitcases. Residence Life staff will not accept items for storage in any other form.
- Drop Off Your Items for Storage. Students should review the Residence Life website for drop off times. When the student arrives to drop off their item for storage, their item or items must have the storage tags and forms provided by the Office of Residence Life.
Drop-Off and Collection Periods
On-campus storage space opens for student use in the days before each semester ends. Storage remains available throughout the close of the semester or until space has been filled. Students may collect their items at any time and are encouraged to contact to the Office of Residence Life to arrange an appointment. General collect dates and times are posted at the beginning of each semester, detailing when staff will be available.
Students must collect their items by specified dates below, depending on when they are returning from their off-campus program or academic break period. As a general rule, students should collect their items from storage within the first business week after they have returned from break or their off-campus program. Items that are left in campus storage past their collection dates are subject to removal and disposal.
Upcoming Drop-Off Periods
|Friday, December 6 –
Thursday, December 12
|9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.*
|Friday, December 13
||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* During these periods, Residence Life staff who are on-call are available to assist students with storage, but will not be located at the storage locations. Students are asked to call the Residence Life staff member on-call during the times available to arrange for drop-off.
The following residence halls have storage space available to students:
||Current Space Availability
||Limited Space Available
Upcoming Collection Deadlines
||Friday, September 6, 2019
||Friday, January 3, 2020
|Winter Break 2019
||Friday, January 24, 2020
||Friday, May 22, 2020
||Friday, September 4, 2020