The Summer Resident Assistant (SRA) position supports the College’s summer housing operations and the residential component of the summer conference and camp programs. The SRA position reports directly to the Summer Housing Intern and/or Area Director(s) responsible for Summer Housing Operations and Summer Camps & Conferences.
Because this position is considered a 30-hour per week position by the college, SRAs are only able to participate in outside employment, courses, and internships totaling no more than 10 hours per week with approval from Residence Life. SRAs are expected to maintain flexible schedules and move outside commitments to accommodate responsibilities directly related to meeting the needs of Summer Housing Operations and/or Summer Camps & Conferences.
Read more about the expectations and requirements of the Summer RA position.
Questions about the Summer Resident Assistant Application and Selection Process can be directed to Residence Life, at 765-983-1317 or via email at email@example.com.
Applications for Summer 2020 will be available beginning March 10, 2020.
Important Process Dates
- Mar. 10 - Summer 2020 Applications available
- Mar. 29 - Summer 2020 Applications close @ 11:59pm
- May 11 - Summer RA contract begins
- August 10 - Summer RA contract ends
- Must be in good academic standing and have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to apply.
- Must maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA if selected.
- Must not be on any form of academic or social probation.
- Available to attend all scheduled training.
- Available the entire summer (May to August).
- Past experience as a Resident Assistant is strongly preferred.
- Past experience working with camps and conferences preferred.
Eligibility requirements are subject to change. The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to make exceptions to these requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Single room in the summer housing residence hall(s) to which you are assigned valued at approximately $1,700.00 for the summer.
- Stipend of $1,350.00 for the summer which is distributed evenly throughout the summer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we’ve compiled the answers to some questions we have been commonly asked by individuals interested in learning more about the Summer Resident Assistant position.
Each summer, the department hires approximately six Summer RAs. This number includes new and returning Summer RAs.
Applications are generally available each year around Spring Break. We hope to have all positions offered by early April.
Because this position is considered a 30-hour per week position by the college, SRAs are able to participate in outside employment, courses, and internships totaling no more than 10 hours per week with approval from Residence Life. SRAs are expected to maintain flexible schedules and move outside commitments to accommodate responsibilities directly related to meeting the needs of Summer Housing Operations and/or Summer Camps & Conferences.
We encourage anyone interested in the SRA position to apply. On the application, you'll be asked to share any dates you will not be available. We'll review your availability as part of our selection process and determine if we'll be able to work with the dates you share. If you are unsure, please don't hesitate to ask. Priority is given to candidates who can be here the whole summer, but we're always willing to talk to candidates who may need to start late, leave early, or take an extended vacation.