Apartment Assistants (AAs) are an integral part of the Office of Residence Life. They are constantly in direct contact with students. Their main responsibility is to act as facilitators for the residence life community and to enhance the social, educational, intellectual, and cultural development of each individual. The AA communicates to students the core values, philosophies, and policies of Residence Life and Earlham College and represents Residence Life as a role model.
The AA position is one of the best opportunities a student can have while in college. No other type of position will give students the range of exposure to skill sets that are needed in a job search and future career after college. The AA position provides real-life experiences in working with and helping other people, conflict resolution, team building and many others. Employers are seeking these skills!
Questions about the Apartment Assistant Application and Selection Process can be directed to Residence Life, at 765-983-1317 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for 2020-2021 will be available beginning Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Important Process Dates
- Nov. 6 - 2020-21 Academic Year Applications available
- Nov. 8 - Information Session @ 12pm in the Dining Hall
- Nov. 12 - Information Session @ 9pm in May-Crossen
- Nov. 14 - Information Session @ 12pm in the Dining Hall
- Nov. 20 - Information Session @ 9pm in May-Crossen
- Dec. 1 - Priority application deadline for candidates who will be off-campus during Spring 2020
- Dec. 4 - Information Session @ 8pm in May-Crossen
- Dec. 7-8 - In-person interviews for students going on an off-campus program Spring 2020
- Jan. 16 - Information Session @ 8pm in May-Crossen
- Jan. 19 - 2020-21 Academic Year Applications close
- Jan. 31 - Reference forms & Intent to Return and Candidacy Assessment forms due
- TBD - In person interviews
- Must be a full-time degree seeking student.
- Must be in good academic standing and have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to apply.
- Must maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA if selected.
- Must not be on any form of academic or social probation.
- Must have at least two semesters of on-campus living experience with at least one of these occurring at Earlham prior to beginning employment.
- Must not be concurrently serving as a co-President of the Earlham Student Government (ESG)
- Must be available at least two and a half weeks before classes begin for fall training and one week before classes begin for spring training.
- Must complete all responsibilities as outlined in the Apartment Assistant Agreement and meet all expectations of professional staff members within the Office of Residence Life.
Eligibility requirements are subject to change. The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to make exceptions to these requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Single room in the three bedroom apartment to which you are assigned valued at approximately $5,200.00 for the academic year.
- Stipend of $1,200.00 for the academic year which is distributed evenly by semester ($600.00 for Fall and $600.00 for Spring).