All residence halls as well as several other buildings on campus utilize electronic access control for entry. In these buildings authorized individuals may use their Earlham ID card in place of a key.
The Purpose of the Electronic Access Control system is:
- To improve the security of campus facilities;
- To improve campus-wide crime prevention and control objectives;
- To enable Earlham to safeguard the residential facilities;
- To simplify locking policies;
- To reduce key duplication;
- To reduce unauthorized access;
- To eliminate the necessity of emergency re-keying and re-coring;
- To satisfy security concerns of students, faculty and staff.
Should a card be lost or stolen, Public Safety should be notified immediately so that access on the card can be disabled.
Electronic Access Request