If you smell Natural Gas and suspect a large/significant gas leak, evacuate the area and call 911. Provide the location and extent of the gas leak. Additionally notify Earlham Public Safety at 765-983-1400.
For suspected minor leaks notify Earlham Public Safety at 765-983-1400.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Evacuate the area; do not use the fire alarm, use room-to-room communication.
- Do not switch any lights or electrical equipment on or off.
- Do not use elevators.
- Evacuate the building through the nearest exit. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building on their own, please assist them out of the building or to a safe zone away from the emergency area and alert emergency personnel of their location.
- Move to a point outside at least 1000 ft. from the building. Keep all walkways clear for emergency crews.
- Emergency communications will be sent to the campus community concerning incidents or evacuations through Earlham Emergency Notification System.
- Do not return to an evacuated area until given the all clear by authorized by emergency personnel.