If you receive a BOMB THREAT (typically received via telephone):
- Obtain as much detail as possible about the bomb and its location.
- The exact location of the bomb.
- The time set for detonation.
- What the bomb looks like.
- What type of explosive the bomb contains.
- Why bomb was placed?
IMMEDIATELY notify Earlham Public Safety 765-983-1400 and provide as much information as possible.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Be alert for suspicious items or packages. Visually inspect areas of your room or office. If you note anything suspicious report them to authorities, DO NOT touch the item/s.
- If the threat is received by letter, do not handle it after it has been opened; preserve for authorities.
- Be prepared to evacuate the area if you are ordered to do so.
- If ordered to evacuate, students, faculty & staff shall assist with an orderly exit from the building. People evacuated should be moved at least 500 feet from the evacuated facility.
- Doors to all evacuated areas of the building shall be left open on exiting the area.
- Wait for further instructions, DO NOT call Campus Public Safety or authorities (after reporting the incident) unless you have information related to the situation or a life-threatening emergency.