Instructor and Field Supervisor — Graduate Programs in Education
April 09, 2019
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Instructor and Field Supervisor in the Graduate Programs in Education. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefits package.
The Graduate Programs in Education is seeking an individual who is dedicated to preparing outstanding secondary teachers. The position includes teaching courses at both the graduate and undergraduate level, supervision of student teachers, and admissions and reporting work.
Earlham’s Graduate Programs in Education consist of two unique master’s programs — a Master of Arts in Teaching and a Master of Education. Both programs focus on the application of Quaker principles to the preparation of educators. The programs are cohort-based, but also individualized with extensive faculty coaching and support. For more information, visit the Graduate Programs in Education website.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach between 15 and 18 credit hours over the course of a three-semester year.
- Supervise students in their practica.
- Serve as licensing adviser for students, including completing the licensing process and advising prospective students regarding preparation.
- Assist in admissions duties as needed.
- Assist in accreditation duties as needed.
- Conduct scholarly work, with the expectation of presenting or publishing at least every other year.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local school districts, including teachers and administrators.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience teaching grades 5-12; at least five years is preferred and at least three years is required.
- A master’s degree is required.
- Ability to team-plan and team-teach.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with Quaker principles is preferred.
- Ability to connect with and recruit prospective students.
- Ability to collect and analyze data with an attention to detail.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2019.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).