Counselor — Student Counseling Services
August 21, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Counselor in Student Counseling Services. This is a part-time (28 hours per week), 10-month administrative faculty appointment. The annual salary is $28,000 — prorated for the 2018-19 academic year. Compensation includes a partial benefit package.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out clinical responsibilities including individual and group counseling, crisis assessment and intervention, consultation, follow-up and referral.
- Provides mental health services to the undergraduate and M.A.T. students. The hours and days depend upon the students’ needs for services during the specific business hours.
- Presents educational training/workshops to students and faculty.
- Participates in campus-wide outreach programming and education.
- Documents, organizes and manages client records in accordance with professional standards.
- Serves as a member of the Division of Student Life, collaborates with faculty and staff on student needs and problems, and participates in meetings, committees and College activities.
- Participates in the on-call rotation for emergency consultation.
- Possibly provides some supervision to doctoral and/or master’s level graduate interns.
Experience & Qualifications
- A master’s degree in counseling, social work or psychology is required.
- Licensed in Indiana is strongly preferred; license eligible may be considered.
- Two years of counseling experience is required; college or university counseling center experience is preferred.
- Work schedule will include some evening hours.
- Applicants should have a clear understanding of the role of residence life at a private liberal arts college.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single electronic document to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.