Seasonal Grounds Worker — Facilities
March 06, 2018
Earlham College is seeking a Seasonal Grounds Worker to work in the Facilities Department. This is a temporary position (no more than 35 weeks in any 52-week period). The pay rate for this position is $9.50 per hour with no benefits.
The position is under the direct supervision of the Grounds Supervisor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform turf mowing and maintenance; ensure all assigned areas provide a “clean and green” appearance.
- Perform proper landscape element, turf, tree and shrub installation, maintenance and removals/replacements.
- Assist in the maintenance of all roads and alleys on and around Earlham properties as directed.
- Operate and maintain small equipment and tools required to complete required tasks.
- Pick up and dispose of trash, both on own initiative and as directed.
- Clear leaves and other debris from eaves, troughs and drains.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities Department supervision.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Experience in maintaining a wide variety of light gasoline and diesel equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and move heavy objects and equipment safely alone or as part of a team.
- Physical dexterity and hand-eye coordination are both important.
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and meet all qualification requirements for operation of Earlham vehicles and equipment, at all times while employed by the College.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable background checks (criminal and sex offender).
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.