Receiving/Stockroom Specialist — Facilities
March 06, 2018
Earlham College is seeking a Receiving/Stockroom Specialist to work in the Facilities Department. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week/52 weeks per year). The starting rate for this position is $12.13 per hour with an increase to $12.28 per hour after completion of 90-day probationary period. Compensation includes a benefit package.
The position is under the direct supervision of the Building Trades Supervisor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives, logs and delivers packages, bulk mail, supplies and materials to locations throughout campus. Compares items with freight bills; inspects deliveries for damages; fills stores requisitions. Completes receiving reports and maintains document files.
- Moves material to and from storage, loading and storage areas, student rooms or offices using hand truck or forklift; stores stock material in appropriate storage locations.
- Plans and conducts campus office moves and furniture relocations; leads in-house and contracted moving crews.
- Drives delivery vehicle to pick up and deliver supplies and materials; participates in physical inventories; packs and crates outgoing shipments.
- Completes supply runs for parts needed by maintenance trades and grounds, as needed.
- Maintains assigned storage facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties and related work as may be required from time to time.
- Assists other individuals in the department in a supporting role, to include filling in for department administrative assistant, and snow removal.
- Coordinates skilled trades support of receiving activities, furniture assembly and maintenance.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Familiarity with personal computing and ability to learn and effectively use software packages for daily work tasks such as computerized receiving, maintenance management and inventory control.
- Ability to follow oral and simple written instructions.
- Ability to operate a forklift and related materials-handling equipment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Write legibly and solve simple arithmetic problems.
- Physical ability to move heavy and/or bulky materials, objects, equipment or furnishings safely, alone or with assistance for very large or heavy items.
- A valid Indiana driver's license, and meet all requirements of the Specialized Vehicles Programs required by the Earlham Public Safety department.
- A working knowledge of store-keeping practices and procedures, stock control, and inventory methods.
- Experience in maintaining material handling equipment and residence hall furniture.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.