Administrative Assistant II — English, Religion & Philosophy Departments
February 27, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the English, Religion & Philosophy departments. This is a part-time (20 hours per week), hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical services for the teaching faculty in the departments of English, Religion and Philosophy. Tasks may be assigned to support any one or all of these areas at any given time.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Field telephone calls and email inquiries in a professional and prompt manner.
- Receive, direct and assist visitors.
- Provide support in the areas of word processing, filing and accounting.
- Supervise student workers.
- Prepare and distribute posters and/or event marketing materials.
- Create, maintain and update accurate data sets for various reporting needs.
- Maintain confidential records, files, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of policies, reports and procedures documentation.
- Maintain appointment calendars and set meetings as requested.
- Attend meetings to include note taking as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Four-plus years of experience in office procedures and/or clerical experience.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Effective and professional verbal, written and listening communications skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include handling confidential information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to learn new computer programs for skills development as requested.
- Positive, flexible, diplomatic and effective work style that can work well with others to reach mutual goals.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, solve problems and adjust quickly to changing situations while maintaining strong commitment to service.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.