Assistant Athletic Trainer
November 10, 2017
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer in the Department of Athletics. This is a full time, 10-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefit package.
The position will involve working with the Head Athletic Trainer, providing sports medicine coverage for Earlham’s 20 intercollegiate teams. All duties are performed in compliance with the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, the North Coast Athletic Conference and Earlham College.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Sports medicine coverage of practices and contests.
- Travel with teams is required.
- Evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Assist in providing a safe playing environment for Earlham student-athletes.
- Assist with the management of the Athletic Training facilities.
- Preform administrative duties such as physicals, injury reports and insurance claim forms.
- Communication with coaching staff concerning athlete injury status and return to play.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- NATA/BOC certified Athletic Trainer.
- Licensed Athletic Trainer by the State of Indiana or eligible to obtain license within 90 days of hire.
- CPR/AED certification.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.