Assistant Director of Alumni Relations — Institutional Advancement
November 10, 2017
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Relations in the Institutional Advancement Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefit package.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for developing and implementing activities that generate interest from alumni and engagement with the College. Responsibilities include the planning and coordinating of off-campus alumni gatherings in various regional cities, on-campus alumni events, Earlham Day events and volunteer management.
In addition, the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is also tasked with the reunion planning for classes celebrating or preparing to celebrate their 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th and emeriti reunions.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and works closely with the other members of the Institutional Advancement staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate regional association, target city and young alumni events, including the oversight and recruitment of regional conveners and the support offered volunteers that are planning and organizing their own events.
- Represent the College when needed at regional events, alumni gatherings, etc.
- Identify, recruit and manage volunteers from each reunion class to assist with reunion planning efforts
- Oversee the planning and execution of reunion events, including all event planning details, class letters, social media strategies and other related marketing for the reunion. Manage the communications and direct mail for the reunion effort.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Annual Giving to integrating the planning and fundraising efforts to help each reunion committee in the solicitation of gifts from their classmates in celebration of their reunion.
- Assist with planning activities related to Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, including coordinating efforts with alumni volunteers, student ambassadors, student government, faculty and other campus departments.
- Plan and coordinate special affinity reunions as they arise.
- Assist with supporting events related to alumni involvement such as Family Weekend, New Student Orientation, Commencement and other campus events.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of Earlham Day activities, including the on-campus events, regional events and volunteer management.
- Assist with the planning efforts as they relate to the Alumni Council and staff committees as assigned.
- Oversee and coordinate the class chair program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in admissions, alumni relations, or marketing and communications in a college or university setting.
- Strong skills in the areas of written and verbal communication, editing, organization, and planning.
- A willingness to travel is essential.
- Ability to coordinate work effectively with alumni volunteers and other members of the College community.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).