Quaker Fellows Intern — Newlin Quaker Center
May 25, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Quaker Fellows Intern in the Newlin Quaker Center. This is a part-time (10-20 hours per week) staff position. The salary is $10.00 per hour. The intended starting date is August 15, 2018, with the position concluding in early May 2019.
The Newlin Quaker Center includes in its mission the aim of identifying and nurturing college students who may become future leaders in the Society of Friends, and the Quaker Fellows Scholarship program is central to this work. Quaker Fellows echoes Earlham's core values. Utilizing Quaker faith and practice, the program engages the whole person and prepares students to live an authentic life. Quaker Fellows focuses on three formation cores: community, spirituality and leadership. The program is designed for young adults who are serious about sharing in a community, living a life grounded in the Spirit, and being leaders at Earlham and beyond.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The primary tasks of this position include supporting the programs, events and activities of the Quaker Fellows Program, and working closely with the Assistant Director of the Newlin Quaker Center to address the needs of the students in the Quaker Fellows scholarship program.
- Facilitate weekly cohort meetings of Quaker Fellows scholarship students.
- Assist with retreat planning and leadership.
- Perform logistical tasks that serve programs, such as shopping and transportation.
- Help maintain social media presence and connections.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A deep understanding and appreciation of Quakerism in its various expressions.
- A passion for working with young adult Quakers in the context of Earlham College.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a team.
- Demonstrated skills in small group facilitation and spiritual formation.
- Proficient with computers, technology and social media.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).