Muslim Life Coordinator — Office of Religious Life
August 18, 2017
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Muslim Life Coordinator in the Office of Religious Life. This is a part-time (10 hours per week, 10 months per year) administrative faculty position. The salary is $6,000 per year and does not include benefits.
Candidates will want to review:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate weekly prayer services and holy day observances.
- Engage and provide support to Muslim students and faculty.
- Participate in various interfaith programs of the Office of Religious Life.
- Collaborate with faculty to arrange for Muslim speakers and cultural groups to visit campus.
- Arrange for visits to nearby mosques.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a closely related field or the liberal arts.
- Professional experience in a field closely related is strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills required in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must work well with people of all backgrounds and be a strong proponent of equal rights for all.
- Prior work experience with college students is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills are essential.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.