Group Fitness Instructors — Wellness Programs
January 11, 2019
Earlham College seeks certified Group Fitness Instructors for its Wellness Programs. The following class positions for motivated and energetic individuals are available:
- Strength and Toning
- Water Aerobics
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Present a positive attitude towards aerobic exercise and regular physical activity while leading Group Fitness patrons through varied aerobic exercises;
- Provide appropriate music to prepared routines;
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and other required in-service training sessions;
- Adhere to recommended Group Fitness Instructor guidelines;
- Responsible for class and obtaining substitutes when needed through the Sub Forms;
- Monitor attendance at each Group Fitness session;
- Describe and demonstrate exercises and aerobic routines to be performed by Group Fitness patrons;
- Maintain program variety in order to constantly motivate participants to continue attending;
- Check heart rates at the appropriate times;
- Advise Group Fitness patrons of possible injury risks;
- Report injuries immediately to the Group Fitness Supervisor/Assistant Director of Wellness Programs;
- Relay positive and negative feedback from Group Fitness patrons to the Group Fitness Supervisor/Assistant Director of Wellness Programs;
- Encourage Group Fitness participants to attend other classes, provide feedback through the "Group Fitness" evaluation forms or verbally, utilize other services/areas of the Athletics & Wellness Center, etc.;
- Make announcements of Wellness Program events;
- Support Wellness Program activities through participation and volunteerism; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Group Fitness Supervisor/Assistant Director of Wellness Programs.
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the basic principles of physical fitness;
- Knowledge and skill in the area of aerobic activity;
- Positive leadership skills and role model;
- Ability to clearly describe and adequately demonstrate performed exercises by Group Fitness patrons;
- Ability to assess the needs and capabilities of program participants, possibly resulting in adjustment of intensity levels; and
- Ability to build a rapport or professional relationship with Group Fitness patrons.
- Current group fitness instructor / group exercise certification or willingness to become certified.
- Current CPR / First Aid certification or willingness to become certified.
- Past class instruction.
Please send a resume and certifications to:
Director of Wellness Programs
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
E-Mail the Search Committee
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.