Website Earlham College
Serve as the primary contact for the Welcome Center, and provide direct support to the Assistant Director of Campus Visit Programs. This position requires commitment to providing excellent customer service to students and families, and a responsive and professional attitude when interacting with others. This position also requires strong organizational skills, as the management of multiple programs, tasks, and schedules is regularly required.
Status:Full-time hourly staff position
Level: $11.71/hour, with an increase to $11.86/hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Campus Visit Coordinator Duties:
- Greet, check-in all visitors to Tyler (coordinate with Financial Aid dept per the appointment only policy implemented during COVID 19), and create daily signage for Welcome Center (Welcome Center sign and campus wide electronic signage).
- Maintain a sign in log of daily visitors/take temps of visitors and notify Public Safety of daily visitors to Admissions.
- Answer the Admissions main phone line and direct callers to correct staff/faculty person.
- Monitor the Admission Email Inbox in Slate and assign to appropriate staff/faculty.
- Create the monthly rotation of schedules for counselors.
- Aid in facilitating the daily visits (virtual and in person) schedule of prospective students and their guests. (Zoom room meetings, greeting, ensuring schedule proceeds accordingly.)
- Aid in scheduling/implementing the “Welcome to College” Platform.
- Additional duties pertaining to assisting with special events, Scholarship Day, campus visit grant mailings, Admitted Students events and open houses.
- Implement follow up correspondence with students that visit (ie postcard/emails/texts) and ensure student workers pen notes for tour given weekly.
- Order supplies from different campus departments for Tyler Hall hospitality area.
- Schedule through 25 Live use of rooms within Tyler.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Associates degree with at least two years of experience in a related role, or a high school diploma with at least four years of related experience.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, ability to multitask: handling several responsibilities at one time with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and supervise students in a diverse atmosphere.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world, including those with limited skills in English.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management and across all departments at the College, in both written and verbal communication.
- Aptitude to learn database usage other customer relationship management and reporting systems (e.g. Banner, Slate).
Please send a cover letter detailing qualifications for the position, resume, and a list of at least three professional references as a single electronic file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Email: [email protected]