Earlham College invites applications for Officers in the Department of Public Safety. These are part-time (24 hours per week) staff positions. Officers will primarily work nights and weekends including holidays, shifts may vary to provide relief coverage for all shifts, and for events. This is a part-time, hourly staff position with a $15/hour pay rate.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Patrolling and observing all areas of the campus.
- Providing a safe environment for students, employees, and visitors.
- Securing and protecting buildings, equipment, and other assets of the College.
- Providing prompt, qualified assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations, parking enforcement, investigation of incidents, and preparation of detailed, accurate incident reports.
Experience and qualifications
- Attainment of high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in the human services or public safety field preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and maintain a working knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to think and act quickly and professionally in sensitive situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Public Safety staff, College employees, and local law enforcement officials.
- Ability to work and communicate well with college-aged adults in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis to cover mandatory minimum staffing needs as they arise.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Applicants with previous First Responder experience will be strongly considered.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
Please submit the following application materials in a single electronic file:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references.
All materials should be submitted to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org