The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the Men’s Soccer program and working to assist the Head Coach in performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, and Earlham College rules and regulations.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Meet annual recruitment goals established by the Director of Athletics and Head Coach.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting data base for recruiting utilizing the software program designated by the Department of Athletics.
- Utilize a variety of communication platforms to recruit prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls; texts; social media; emails; etc.).
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis.
- Assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending showcases and other recruitment opportunities as designated by the Head Coach.
- Serve as video coordinator.
- Assist the head coach in serving as the travel coordinator by arranging bus and van schedules, airline travel, pre and post-game meals and overnight accommodations.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes and coordinate study tables.
- Be a presence in the office and available to assist player needs.
- Engage and maintain contact with the sports information office and respond to requests as needed.
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assist with all practice and game day set up.
- Teach breakdown drills providing individual player attention and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in planning and oversight of strength and conditioning sessions and individual work outs in season.
- Assist in designing off season workouts for player improvement.
Game Day Responsibilities
- Assist head coach in game plan and scouting of future opponents.
- Assist with game decisions (i.e. timeouts, substitutions, strategy, addressing individual player concerns) as needed at contests.
- Responsible for all game day and practice video operations.
- Perform post game duties including, but not limited to, arranging team meal(s), securing statistics; video exchange and communicating with the sports information office.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Assist with all program fundraisers and alumni outreach.
- Assist with appropriate program marketing, including social media accounts.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his or her duties.
- Attain van certification through Earlham’s Public Safety Office to assist with van transportation of student-athletes.
- Be an active member of the athletic department staff by attending staff meetings and other department scheduled activities,
- Be responsive and timely with all requests from departmental support staff (administrative leadership; athletic trainer(s); etc.).
- Assist in game management duties for other department programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience and/or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Conference and College rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Violation of NCAA and other College or Conference regulations shall be subject to possible disciplinary action.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org