Website Earlham College
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Assistant Director of Human Resources for Recruitment, Retention and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion acts as the leader to Earlham employees and prospective employees to provide information and support services at all stages of the employee life cycle, with a focus on hiring, professional development and workplace inclusion. This position is also responsible for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs surrounding recruiting and retention at Earlham including training delivery.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop diversity in hiring manual to inform all campus searches and work with Search Committees to provide diversity in hiring training and support
- Gathering and reporting data on workplace diversity practices and outcomes to inform College diversity goals
- Review, update, classify and reclassify job descriptions for existing and new positions.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the search and selection process for all college vacancies.
- Advertise and promote employment opportunities to the internal and external community and coordinate recruiting and hiring functions across the College community via the college website and online job boards.
- Conduct onboarding of new and transfer employees, process all related forms and notices related to same, and facilitate the issuance of keys, ID cards, parking passes, computer system access, and other items as required.
- Assist supervisors in the orientation, review and promotion of new employees with attention to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work with management to assess and plan developmental opportunities for employees.
- Assist employees with career planning and succession planning.
- Assist management with developing, conducting, tracking, and/or evaluating training or professional development opportunities as requested.
- Develop and conduct “stay” interviews towards the goal of strengthening employee retention strategies.
- Conduct off boarding interviews with resigning or retiring employees, tracking reasons for voluntary terminations to inform future HR recruitment strategies.
- Process all related forms and notices related to same, and facilitate the collection of keys, ID cards, parking passes, computer system access, and other items as required.
- Serve as the Human Resources Representative on the Diversity Progress Committee.
- Design and implement programs to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- Design and deliver diversity, equity and inclusion training to all employees
- Serve on campus committees.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in recruiting, training, or career coaching required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Possession of excellent written communication skills, and experience in writing job descriptions and employment postings/advertisements.
- Possession of superior interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to coach and counsel employees as needed, and maintain positive working relationships with individuals at all levels of the College.
- Ability to learn, use, and train others on a variety of software programs.
- Knowledge of employment interview techniques and HR law.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to interpret and ensure compliance with College policies, procedures and bargaining agreements.
Please submit the following application materials in a single electronic file:
- Cover letter;
- Statement on Diversity: The Statement on Diversity should describe how your values and leadership frame or center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in your work.
- Contact information for three references.
All materials should be submitted to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected]