The Earlham College Help Desk, located in the basement of Lilly Library, is responsible for all Earlham-owned computers and peripherals. The Help Desk is open 8 am - 5 pm during the school year with reduced hours during summer and vacations.
The Help Desk strives to assist current students with a variety of free technology-related services, including work on personal computers. The Help Desk aims to help students as much as possible, however some services are unsupported. Below is a non-exhaustive list of services the Help Desk supports and does not support.
- Virus removal
- Diagnose and repair connection issues
- Answer general technical questions
- General troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Assist with driver updates
- Hardware replacement
- Operating system reinstalls/reformats
- Hardware tasks that require opening the case of the computer
- Warranty repair/service arrangement
- Extensive data recovery