Administrative Assistant — Institutional Advancement
November 15, 2019
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Institutional Advancement Office. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year), hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation also includes a benefits package.
The duties of this Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement (IA) include providing general administrative support to the IA operation, including but not limited to welcoming guests, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, and assisting with special events and programs.
This position reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement and supports primarily the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving teams, but also will work cooperatively with all members of the Institutional Advancement team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as front-line ambassador for the Institutional Advancement Office, including but not limited to welcoming office visitors and the primary person answering the main office phone line.
- Assist with in-house mailings as necessary related to stewardship, invitations and solicitations.
- Update Banner database with assigned projects, which may include applying codes to constituent records in prospect management system.
- Produce reports from Institutional Advancement databases such as Argos, Banner, Eventbrite and Box.
- Assist with on- and off-campus events including Alumni Council meetings, regional events, Earlham Day, and Homecoming and Reunion Weekend.
- Reserve spaces for meetings and on-campus events using 25Live.
- Manage the IA Office supply inventory and place orders as needed.
- Open and distribute the office mail, stamp and record all checks on gift roster to give to Gift and Data Entry Specialist.
- Prepare acknowledgements letters for donors.
- Attend weekly Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving team meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on new tasks regularly.
- Pleasant personality for greeting visitors and answering phones.
- Accurate typing skills; general secretarial and/or accounting experience.
- An aptitude to learn databases and willingness to learn new computer programs.
- Ability to work well with colleagues.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.