Recruitment and Advising Specialist
December 18, 2020
12-month full-time position (3 years grant-funded, expected to continue)
The Recruitment and Advising Specialist position is responsible for recruiting prospective community college transfer students and high school dual credit attendees as part of Earlham’s new initiatives to attract and enroll these constituents. The Recruitment and Advising Specialist will build awareness about the college, academic programs offered at the college, and provide detailed information about the college's enrollment process. This position develops and implements plans for outreach in community colleges and high schools including developing on-campus advising, transition, and retention infrastructure for these constituents in conjunction with others in the Advising leadership team. The Recruitment and Advising Specialist functions as the primary contact for students through the recruitment and collaborates with the Enrollment team during the enrollment process.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for representing Earlham at local high schools and community colleges in the service area. When possible, travel to community colleges in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.
- Develop relationships with counselors, administrators, and students at local high schools and community colleges to keep them updated on the latest information about the Earlham enrollment process.
- Coordinate collaboratively and collegially with academic units, such as Marketing and Enrollment, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, Faculty, student service providers, and others to develop best practices in transition advising for recruited students.
- Work with prospective students and their families to identify academic and career areas of interest, how those interests fit into a degree program at Earlham, and assist them with applying to Earlham.
- Provide guidance and general information to new and prospective students on a variety of college procedures including college admissions and enrollment, transfer programs, testing & advising processes, pre-requisite requirements, the student portal and registration system, tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Provide regular reports towards recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Maintain accurate records in the student information system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability and willingness to work successfully with students from diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Two or more years of professional level experience in admissions, recruitment, student advising, student services, or related field at a high school, pre-collegiate program, college, or other education related institution, preferred.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
- Ability to network and build professional relationships with students, staff, faculty, high school counselors, and other community members.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including potential evenings and weekends to accommodate programming and outreach needs.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
Please send a cover letter detailing qualifications for the position, a statement on diversity, resume, and a list of at least three professional references as a single electronic file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.