Director of Center Recruiting
December 18, 2020
The Director of Center Recruiting provides strategic leadership, plans, coordinates, communicates and evaluates all aspects of Earlham’s innovative Center-based enrollment management effort. The primary charge of the position focuses on student recruitment efforts for the Centers; specifically, the Center for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Creativity, the Center for Environmental Leadership, the Center for Global Health, and the Center for Social Justice. In addition, the Director will be responsible for internal and external publicity as well as planning and administration of the Centers’ admissions related programming and events. The Director will supervise a team of two or three Assistant Directors. The Director and team will engage with Center current student activities and track retention and outcomes for those students. Through their work, this position will advance Earlham’s commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Center enrollment management strategic plans, tactics, and key metrics aligned with and supportive of the College’s overall enrollment management plan.
- Develop and coordinate recruitment and tracking efforts for the Centers in partnership with the Earlham College Admissions Office and in consultation with the Center Directors. This likely will include occasional travel to regional high schools, community colleges and other off-campus sites.
- Manage the SLATE content management system to help achieve key admissions metrics; e.g. prospective students and the “admissions funnel” of inquiry to contact, contacts to interviews, interviews to applications, application to deposits, deposits to enrollment. The Director and the Assistant Directors will utilize strategic correspondence, read prospective student files, and help to make decisions regarding prospective students vis-à-vis facilitating the prospective student selecting Earlham College.
- Expand and retain the Centers recruitment pool using data analytics and student tracking.
- Coordinate the development of the Centers tracking process for prospective students, current students, and alumni.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, advocacy, and professional development for Assistant Directors.
- Deepen relationships with the Earlham College Admissions Office to develop consistent and effective messaging to campus guests and prospective students and their families.
- Champion and manage current Centers recruitment programming, e.g., Tallo and Welcome-To-College Student Ambassador program.
- Engage with Center specific student-focused activities that contribute to retention and outcomes.
- Manage the SLATE content management for inputs from third party vendors such as Tallo and Welcome-To-College Student Ambassador programs.
- Develop key reports to supervisors; e.g., the “Center Admissions Dashboard”
- Work with CoLab team members; e.g., the CoLab Project Manager and the CoLab Office Manager.
- Work with and supervise student workers.
Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills essential. High degree of motivation and ability to function within a diverse team approach required.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter, and committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
Must quickly develop high visibility among on-campus constituents.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Use of CRM database programs as well as Microsoft Office.
Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a minimum of two years of experience; directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, or related experience in another non-profit position.
- A minimum of two years of experience using CRM platforms. Experience with Slate CRM a plus.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, statement on diversity, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.