Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Vice President for Marketing & Communications
December 08, 2020
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for Marketing & Communications. This is a full-time hourly staff position with a full benefits package. The pay level is 8 (Administrative Assistant IV) with a starting rate of $14.05 per hour, with an increase to $14.20 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for Marketing & Communications.
- Maintain the calendars for the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for Marketing & Communications.
- Create and maintain all files as requested.
- Collect and prepare materials for the Enrollment Management and Marketing & Communications portion of the Board Book.
- Provide receptionist and secretarial duties: answer and direct questions from faculty, staff and other campus guests via phone, email and in person. Order supplies and specialty equipment.
- Collaborate with Executive Assistant to the President as needed.
- Maintain financial records and files (invoices, purchase orders, credit card purchases, check warrants, etc.).
- Reformat, create and proofread documents, letters, newsletters, etc.
- Make photocopies and scan documents.
- Organize travel, lodging, registration, meetings etc., for the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for Marketing & Communications and for visitors to campus as needed.
- Organize departmental gatherings, retirement gatherings, and other gatherings as requested by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Vice President for Marketing & Communications.
- Take initiative and design new routines and materials that support the ongoing work of the Departments.
- Assist department in maintaining the calendar of events & tasks throughout the year.
- Manage the Credit Card Transaction reporting process for Enrollment Management and Marketing & Communications.
- In general, help maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required; an associate degree or one to two years of experience working in a post-secondary academic environment is preferred.
- Computer training in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), and ability to learn other computer software programs; facility with basic HTML for web pages, email and calendar.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, ability to multitask: handling several responsibilities at one time with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world, including those with limited skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills to maintain a humane and friendly atmosphere.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to confidential matters.
Qualified employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly.
All applicants, internal or external, should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.