Completion Systems Analyst
November 13, 2020
Earlham is seeking a technically skilled and team-oriented systems analyst to facilitate exceptional use and application of tech systems focused on student degree completion. This position is responsible for the implementation, evaluation, performance, upgrading, and support for academic tools such as Banner and DegreeWorks to enhance and improve functionality for end users. This position requires attention to detail as well as the ability to think holistically and a commitment to maintain the accuracy, integrity, privacy, and confidentiality of the student academic records principle. This position will report to the Registrar, but work in close collaboration with staff in ITS.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems such as Banner and DegreeWorks.
- Work collaboratively with the Information Technology Services unit to ensure that technology platforms and integrations adhere to college standards for data governance, information security, and enterprise architecture.
- Work collaboratively with Institutional Effectiveness for the generation of data reports related to Academic Records and Registration.
- Extract data for standard and ad-hoc enrollment and registration reports.
- Collect and analyze information from systems users refine the scope of systems.
- Analysis and problem-solving of complex data-based problems and systems.
- Configure technological systems to meet the needs of multiple types of stakeholders.
- Provide training to end-users as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, Registrar’s office, or related field.
- One to three years experience in IT or Registrar’s Office, including areas such as database management, systems integration, process analysis, and reporting.
- Experience working at a college or university is beneficial and preferred.
- Experience with Banner Student Information System preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as to work collaboratively and foster strong relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent written and oral communication, collaborative skills, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, as well as switch between complex and routine tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from conception to completion.
- Appetite for change and readiness to embrace new challenges.
- Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of a diverse student population.
- An understanding of and commitment to the aims of a liberal arts curriculum.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, statement on diversity, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.