Assistant Director of Student Engagement — Student Life
April 15, 2020
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Student Engagement in the Student Life Division. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
The Assistant Director will assist in planning, promoting and managing a broad spectrum of campus activities and programs that will cultivate a vibrant/active social life and help to nurture student leadership development at Earlham College. This position reports to the Director of Student Engagement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruitment, training and oversight for the Student Activities Board and student production assistants as their faculty adviser.
- On-site support and supervision of events.
- Support and knowledge of 25 Live scheduling software, overseeing production needs for student group events.
- Assist with marketing and web-based materials.
- Coordinate Student and Community Involvement Fairs and Welcome Week initiatives each semester.
- Assist in the coordination of special events centered around diversity, inclusion, and Title IX.
- Assist the Director of Student Engagement in the review of risk management policies in conjunction with Public Safety for all student organizations.
- Coordinate campus delegations for campus activities conference(s) with the Director of Student Engagement.
- Advising and support purchasing for student-run Rose City Coffee co-op.
- Provide functional event support and management for all Student Activities and Social Committee events.
- Coordinate all payments and other event logistics for all Student Activities and Social Committee events.
- Assist with the registration process for new student organizations.
- Assist in tracking all student organization expenditures and Student Activities Fees budget lines.
- Provide oversight and coordination for club purchasing.
- Serve as the co-adviser for more than 50 student clubs and organizations ranging from service, cultural, political, religious, and special interest.
- Serve on division and/or campus committees as assigned.
- Participate in professional development as approved by the Director of Student Engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two to three years of experience in student activity-related programming (orientation and student programs) is strongly desired.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Robust affinity with the purposes and value of a liberal arts education.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people from diverse backgrounds and an expressed commitment to uphold and further Earlham's Diversity Aspirations Vision Statement.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The application review begins immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.