Graphic Designer — Marketing and Communications
March 03, 2020
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Graphic Designer in the Marketing and Communications Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
Highly creative and original, the Graphic Designer is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team who brings energy and ideas to each new endeavor. With a track record of producing high-quality, innovative materials and a wealth of knowledge about emerging design practices and production processes, the Graphic Designer is able to propose solutions that delight clients and elevate the Earlham brand.
This position reports to the Communications Director.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Meeting clients to discuss project objectives and set deadlines.
- Bringing together photos, text and other assets to design a variety of print materials, from flyers and greeting cards to magazines, that meet or exceed client expectations and deadlines.
- Communicating progress on projects to supervisors and clients.
- Creating print and digital advertisements.
- Designing logos.
- Engaging freelance designers, illustrators and photographers for specific projects, providing direction, and overseeing the successful completion of the contracted work.
- Soliciting printing bids and managing the production process, including seeing to it that printing and mailing deadlines are met.
- Working as an integral part of a team involving writers, photographers, illustrators, editors, web and social media professionals, and production specialists to create consistently high-quality materials.
- Staying up to date on emerging design concepts, software and production technologies.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or comparable field is required.
- Three to five years of experience is required.
- A collaborative and creative approach.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An eye for strong photos and other visual elements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate well.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, CV/resume, a brief statement (300-500 words) on potential contributions to creating a diverse and inclusive space and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.