Desktop Setup and Support Specialist — Information Technology Services/Technology Experience
February 21, 2020
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Desktop Setup and Support Specialist in the Department of Information Technology Services (ITS). This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
The Desktop Setup and Support Specialist will help manage the College’s desktop and mobile device environment. The College has a nearly equal quantity of both Mac and Windows devices to be supported. This position's role includes administration of endpoint management tools, patch evaluation and distribution, software packaging and distribution, and day-to-day troubleshooting of client technology issues. Earlham College ITS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff and alumni of Earlham College. The Desktop Setup and Support Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Technology Experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the day-to-day installation, troubleshooting and support of College-owned computing equipment including hardware, software and peripherals in a Macintosh and Windows environment.
- Utilize endpoint management software to provision, update, deploy and troubleshoot endpoint devices within the College computing environment.
- Perform component level replacement and repair of computing equipment.
- Assist with support and troubleshooting for classroom audio/visual technology.
- Assist with support and troubleshooting of multifunction printer devices.
- Participate in providing coverage for the Help Desk.
- Use the Service Desk platform to track work tickets being done.
- Keep end-users informed as to progress on requests.
- As a member of the Earlham College faculty, participate in the work of the faculty: attend faculty meetings, and, if nominated, serve on faculty committees.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the installation, configuration and support of computer hardware, software and peripherals is required.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Macintosh- and Windows-based Operating systems is required.
- Experience in supporting Windows devices in an ActiveDirectory environment is preferred.
- Experience with information security best practices.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team oriented and well organized with strong time management skills.
- The ability to work and communicate with users at all levels of computer knowledge.
- Excellent people skills and a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience providing technical support in a higher education environment is preferred.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, CV/resume, a brief statement (300-500 words) on potential contributions to creating a diverse and inclusive space and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.