Welcome Desk Supervisor — Wellness Programs (Part-Time)
February 10, 2020
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Welcome Desk Supervisor at the Athletics and Wellness Center. This is a part-time (15 hours per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays), hourly staff position with a pay rate of $7.25 per hour (minimum hourly wage).
The Welcome Desk Supervisor greets Athletics and Wellness Center guests, supervises entry into the AWC, and maintains the Welcome Desk.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets AWC guests.
- Administers memberships.
- Enrolls patrons into facility entry system.
- Reports on time to work with proper uniform and name tag.
- Addresses patron concerns and questions involving Energy Center or Wellness programs taking place within the Athletics & Wellness Center.
- Completes the shift report in its entirety.
- Takes the initiative to tend to any areas in need of attention.
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Follows all employee procedures outlined in Employee Manual.
- Knows and enforces AWC policies, such as shoes, bikes, etc.
- Reads, dates and initials Welcome Desk communication log at the start of each shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
- Ability to lift at least around 15-45 pounds, as moving equipment is a regular part of this position.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work mornings and afternoons, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. two days per week on Tuesday and Thursday.
Please send a cover letter; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.