IT Solutions Analyst — Information Technology Services
January 22, 2020
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of IT Solutions Analyst in the Department of Information Technology Services. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
As the IT Solutions Analyst, you will provide leadership and support for implementing technical solutions to meet the needs of campus partners. A primary focus will be understanding and supporting the needs of Earlham’s EPIC Centers. EPIC is the Earlham Program for an Integrated Curriculum which is an intentional approach to the four-year liberal arts journey that integrates the academic major with transformative learning experiences to prepare students exceptionally well for life beyond Earlham. Key technology platforms include Handshake (employer relations platform), Slate (admissions platform), and GivePulse (community engagement portal). The IT Solutions Analyst reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- The primary focus is to support Earlham's EPIC program staff in efficient use of third-party business applications, including Slate, Handshake and GivePulse.
- The secondary role is to provide technical knowledge and participate in problem solving to assist campus partners in resolving their business process challenges and improving services to all campus stakeholders.
- Daily tasks will include requirements gathering, project management, developing technical integrations, report creation, user training, technical support, and working with vendor partners.
- The role requires effective partnering with Earlham staff responsible for supporting the mission of the College, including Admissions and Enrollment, Career Education, Community Engagement, and Student Services.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in information technology including areas such as third-party application support, database management, systems integration, and/or process analysis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and an enthusiasm for training.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete short-term, long-term and recurring projects and duties while balancing competing priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to work in and across teams.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, CV/resume, a brief statement (300-500 words) on potential contributions to creating a diverse and inclusive space and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.