IT Specialist/Application Analyst — Academic Affairs
October 18, 2019
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of IT Specialist/Application Analyst in the Office of Academic Affairs. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
The IT Specialist/Application Analyst focuses on supporting and managing business processes and enterprise systems used by Earlham College’s EPIC Centers. EPIC is the Earlham Program for an Integrated Curriculum which is an intentional approach to the four-year liberal arts journey that integrates the academic major with transformative learning experiences — including research, off-campus study, internships, and leadership development — to prepare students exceptionally well for life beyond Earlham.
The IT Specialist/Application Analyst will unite technical knowledge and ability with recruitment and retention business processes to fully leverage existing enterprise systems including Handshake (the College’s employer relations platform), Slate (the College’s admissions platform) and GivePulse (the College’s community engagement portal). This individual will perform business and systems analysis work; convert requirements into technical specifications; implement business processes in existing enterprise systems; and develop technical integrations between enterprise systems. The IT Specialist/Application Analyst reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and collaborates closely with the Chief Information Officer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in problem solving in areas such as system design, input/output requirements and procedural flow between departments and/or business systems.
- Provide technical and project support for the Slate, Handshake and Earlham Engage digital platforms.
- Provide technical assistance and training to end-users as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the technical infrastructure and workflow behind EPIC as well as several associated programs (e.g., the alumni mentoring program, off-campus study and fellowships).
- Work collaboratively with the Information Technology Services unit to ensure that technology platforms and integrations adhere to college standards for data governance, information security and enterprise architecture.
- Work collaboratively with the Slate on-campus administrative team to develop, maintain and troubleshoot the system and its overall implementation for EPIC Centers.
- Work collaboratively with Career Education to manage and optimize Handshake for campus usage including database management, workflow management and communications management.
- Work collaboratively with Community Engagement to manage and optimize GivePulse for both on-campus users and off-campus partners.
- Hire, train and supervise student employees to assist with the above.
- Carry out other duties or special projects as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Recent graduates will be considered.
- One to two years of experience in a technology or related role that included application management, business analysis or technical support.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and an enthusiasm for interfacing with students and faculty in training capacities.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete short-term, long-term and recurring projects and duties and to handle multiple assignments coming from different people simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to work in and across teams.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience with cloud-hosted or software-as-a-service applications is preferred.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, CV/resume, a brief statement (300-500 words) on potential contributions to creating a diverse and inclusive space and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.