Administrative Assistant II — EPIC CoLab
July 31, 2019
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the EPIC CoLaboratory (CoLab). This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week and reduced summer schedule), hourly staff position with a benefit package. The pay level is 6 with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
This administrative assistant position provides secretarial and administrative support for the CoLab — a collaborative workspace and unit that houses the Center for Global Health, the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the Center for Social Justice. The Administrative Assistant also provides support for the Environmental Leadership program (an allied program of the CoLab) and the Director of Foundation Relations and Sponsored Programs.
The position requires knowledge and confidence in using personal computers, web-based software and technology platforms, and an eagerness to build relationships with students, faculty, and members of the public while representing the CoLab. Additionally, the position requires the successful candidate be able to communicate complex information clearly to members of the campus community and beyond. This position reports to the Director of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the CoLab and works closely with all Center Directors and affiliated programs and staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Center Directors as well as to the Environmental Leadership program and the Director of Foundation Relations and Sponsored Programs.
- Manage projects and other support functions for all Directors.
- Coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate reservations for CoLab space and make arrangements for events and meetings including ordering catering, managing RSVPs, and production of materials.
- Data entry using various technology platforms used by the Centers.
- Coordinate production and distribution of CoLab related publications, materials, letters and emails working in collaboration with the CoLab Project Manager and Directors.
- Coordinate arrangements for events and meetings sponsored by the CoLab, including travel, room reservations, RSVPs, hospitality and set-up.
- Manage recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training and supervision of student employees working collaboratively with the CoLab Project Manager.
- Process, monitor, track and report Center expenses as approved by the Directors.
- Maintain CoLab related files, records, and other forms of data.
- Assist with on-campus marketing and promotion efforts for the CoLab.
- Assist with major events including Internship Fest, EPIC Expo, and other EPIC or CoLab related initiatives as needed.
- Take minutes as requested at programmatic meetings.
- Maintain professional appearance of the CoLab.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required; relevant college coursework is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage short-term, long-term, and recurring projects and duties and to handle multiple assignments coming from different people simultaneously.
- Confirmed ability to manage budgets encompassing multiple projects and accounts.
- Background and familiarity with web-based technology, social media, word processing and database management.
- Experience communicating with and supporting people from diverse backgrounds and an expressed commitment to uphold and further Earlham’s Diversity Aspirations Vision Statement.
- Excellent listening, speaking, writing, organizational and time management skills.
Please send a letter of application addressing the responsibilities of the position and qualifications of the applicant; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).