Officers — Public Safety (Part-Time)
August 24, 2020
Earlham College invites applications for Officers in the Department of Public Safety. These are part-time (24 hours per week) staff positions. Part-Time Officers will primarily work nights and weekends including holidays, shifts may vary to provide relief coverage for all shifts, and for events.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrolling and observing all areas of the campus.
- Providing a safe environment for students, employees and visitors.
- Securing and protecting buildings, equipment, and other assets of the College.
- Providing prompt, qualified assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations, parking enforcement, investigation of incidents and preparation of detailed, accurate incident reports.
Experience & Qualifications
- Attainment of high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in the human services or public safety field.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and maintain a working knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to think and act quickly and professionally in sensitive situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Public Safety staff, College employees and local law enforcement officials.
- Ability to work and communicate well with college-aged adults in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis to cover mandatory minimum staffing needs as they arise.
- Computer proficiency is preferred.
- Applicants with previous First Responder experience will be strongly considered.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment is contingent on a background check and passing a physical exam.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.