My research interests include modern and contemporary Chinese literature, cinema and popular culture, with a focus on youth narratives and representations of young people. In addition to courses in Chinese language, I also offer courses in my major area of expertise, film and contemporary Chinese society, youth in Chinese culture and women in China.
My favorite activities are cooking, traveling and playing traditional Chinese musical instrument.
- Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
- M.A., University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.A., Huazhong University of Science and Technology (China)
- Association for Asian Studies (AAS)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Chinese Language Teachers Association (CLTA)
My scholarly interests are Chinese language, literature, cinema, and culture, East Asian cinema and culture