Your horse will need to have a current (within one year) Coggins in order to get off the trailer at the Stables. If you are trailering in from out of state, you will also need a current Health Certificate (within one month). Since these are easy to forget on the way out the door, we encourage you to send copies (not the originals, please) of each to the Barn Manager before your arrival. Please remember that your are responsible for confirming that the paperwork has arrived before your horse does.
Horses may begin arriving at the Stables on the day that housing opens. Please notify Barn Staff as early as possible of the arrival date and time of your horse so that they can arrange for someone to welcome you into the barn! If you need to make any kind of special arrangements please contact Barn Staff and keep them up to date on your plans.
Packing for Your Horse
Sometimes our horses have more stuff than we do, but please keep in mind that you'll be sharing a tack room with at least ten other horses! You will have space for one tack trunk, one bridle rack, and one saddle rack as well as a small cubby. We provide some of the essentials, so here's what you don't need to bring with your horse:
- buckets. We will provide two.
- bucket hooks or hangers. We will provide two of these also.
- feed buckets or tubs. Your stall has a built-in grain feeder.
- tie rings. We already have tie rings installed.
- salt block holder. They are already installed.
- mucking supplies. We have pitch forks and wheelbarrows.
- saddle rack or bridle hook. These are already installed.
You may want to bring:
- a few days worth of the feed your horse is used to.
- a salt block.
- your tack.
- feed supplements.
- a waterproof blanket.
- any other equipment your horse needs.
- a box or trunk to store your tack and equipment.