Admittance to the Athletics and Wellness Center is limited to Earlham College students, faculty, and staff only at this time. Please wear a mask when entering the building and going through the screening process. Maximum occupancy will be monitored.
WELCOME BACK TO THE WELLNESS CENTER
We are happy to have you back! As we gradually reopen our building, you will notice several changes in operations based on recommendations from the State of Indiana, Wayne County Health officials, the Earlham Crisis Management Team and Campus Health partners.
Remember, we will all be required to work together to maintain a safe recreation environment. We look forward to seeing you back in the Wellness Center.
- Summer Hours of operation are limited to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The building is closed weekends. There is no equipment checkout.
- The facility is ONLY open to on-campus students and essential campus personnel. Occupancy will be limited to 25 patrons at at time.
- Upon entering, patrons will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and temperature will be taken using a touchless thermometer.
- All patrons will be required to observe social distance of at least 6 feet between each other.
- All patrons will be required to wear a non-medical mask when entering the building and during the screening process. Once through the screening process, the use of a face mask is dependent upon type of activity and facilities used.
- The facility and equipment will be continuously cleaned while open, as well as after closing, concentrating on frequently touched areas.
- All Wellness Center employees will wear non-medical, cloth masks while working and gloves when appropriate.
- Check yourself for coronavirus symptoms: high fever, dry cough, trouble breathing, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell and sore throat, fever within the last 24 hours of 100 degrees or more. If you are sick, do not come in.
- Make a plan. Keep your workouts efficient to limit your visits as much as possible.
- Skip the locker rooms when possible. Please come dressed.
- Bring a water bottle with you. The drinking fountains and vending are unavailable. Bottle fillers are open, but we ask patrons only use them when necessary. They will be cleaned hourly.
- Keep your distance. Maintain 6-foot physical distancing everywhere in the building, especially in the locker rooms. There are floor markings in areas as necessary. When working out patrons will be expected to maintain 12 to 15 feet of social distance.
- Clean your hands. There are several hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility, please use them often.
- Keep track of the equipment that you touch. Wipe down the equipment with provided sanitizer before and after use. A dedicated staff member will monitor overall sanitation and assist you with sanitizing and physical distancing.
- No congregating. Please workout and exit the building when finished.
- Avoid prolonged use of machines or equipment. When finished, stand up immediately and clean equipment for others to use. Many machines will be out of order to maintain social distancing.
- Energy center with limited cardio and strength equipment, including free weights. Know that some machines are closed or moved for spacing requirements.
- Locker rooms are open, but we strongly recommend patrons arrive dressd. Shower are unavailable at this time. Six-foot distancing will be maintained at all times in the locker rooms.
- The Concourse lobby is open, but there is no seating or congregating. Please work out and exit the building as quickly as possible.
- Racquetball court
- Trueblood Fieldhouse
- Group Fitness Studio
- Weber Pool
- Climbing Wall
- Shower facilities
- Equipment check-out
- Trainers will wear non-medical, cloth masks and maintain physical distancing during sessions.
- Clients will be encouraged to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Trainers will assist patrons by wiping down all surfaces touched during the session.
At this time there are no Group Fitness classes.
Stay home if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, dry cough, trouble breathing, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, fever of 100 degrees or more in the past 24 hours.
To download our reopening guidlines in PDF format please click HERE
Temporarily out of service: Climbing Wall, Racquetball Court, Studio, Trueblood Fieldhouse, Weber Pool
Please take care of your emotional and mental well-being!
We know this is a tough time for everyone, and Earlham is here to support you. Visit earlham.edu/counseling-services