The Ages and Faces of Greece
June 8-23, 2020
A Tour for Earlhamites and Friends of the College
We cordially invite Earlhamites and friends of the College to join Steve Heiny and Kathy Cole `75 on a tour of Greece. We will explore the spirit of the various ages of Greece (from Minoan to modern) as we examine the archaeological, cultural and artistic evidence. Visited sites include:
- Athens with the Acropolis (which includes the Parthenon)
- Corinth where we will see the Temple of Apollo, one of the oldest classical temples in Greece
- Mycenae, the palace celebrated in the Homeric poems
- The great theater at Epidaurus
- Olympia where we will walk the site of the Olympic games
- The spectacular mountains of Delphi and another Temple of Apollo.
- Crete by ferry to study the reconstructed Minoan palace at Knossos and other Minoan sites
Learn more about this trip online!