As a community dedicated to excellence in liberal arts education and informed by Quaker principles, Earlham College welcomes the contributions of divergent voices as we seek to foster a deep, shared sense of purpose. A diversity of human experiences and viewpoints in our learning community strengthens the educational experience of all members of the community. We therefore seek to promote diversity that respects and resonates with our core values.
Earlham aspires to welcome a broadly diverse student body, faculty, and staff to its campus. With a quarter of our students identifying as domestic minorities and another 20 percent coming to Earlham, from homes outside of the United States, our classrooms, clubs, and activities benefit from the wide variety of perspective and experiences our students bring.
Students that are invited to participate in Scholarship Day for Diversity Leadership should upload the following by January 15, 2021:
- a presentation that showcases your projects, efforts, or focus of your personal efforts and dedication related to diversity in your own creative way. Examples include but not limited to:
- Video, Photography, and/or Slideshow
- A poem or a piece of literature that you have created
- A Podcast, Wikipedia, Website, E-newsletter, and/or Blog you have created
- YouTube channel, Social Media videos, and/or Facebook page you have created
- Song, Art Work, and/or Dance
- 500-word essay stating:
- What is your background?
- Have you had any personal experiences related to diversity and inclusion that have shaped your views?
- How have you engaged with diversity and social-justice efforts?
- How do you plan to develop further your engagement in these areas while you are part of the Earlham community?
On Scholarship Day, you will be invited to a Zoom interview with the faculty judges. During that time, faculty members may ask for more information on your interest in diversity, inclusion, and social justice, may reference items included in the work samples you submitted, your goals, and what you hope to gain from your time at Earlham College.
Invited to present your leadership in diversity?
Submit your materials by January 15 by registering here.